You want the juiciest, most mouthwatering turkey your family has ever tasted without doing much work? Great! We’ll let you in on a few of our secrets that make Thanksgiving super tasty and easy.
First, come into Ace Hardware of Fort Collins and we’ll sell you almost everything you need – the 2015 Official Ace Brine Bucket Package includes a 5-gallon Ace bucket, 5280 Culinary Brine Package and Garden Seasoning pack.
Local spice purveyor, 5280 Culinary, creates exceptional seasoning packages that we’re proud to carry, and you choose your flavor – Bayou, Chef’s or Italian.
Side note: You might as well bring in your knives too. We sharpen knives for $1.99 / blade.
Once you pick up your bird, you’re halfway to turkey perfection – just follow these preparations:
- On Wednesday a.m., bring 1 quart water and 5280 brine packet to a simmer, stirring until spices dissolve. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Take Ace bucket and add 5280 garden seasoning packet, 6 quarts (24 cups) water, 1 quart brined water and turkey. Seal and refrigerate for 24 hours, flipping turkey once.
Note: Brine a 10-16 pound turkey for 12-16 hours and a 16-24 hours for larger birds.
- One hour before roast, take the turkey out of Ace bucket and pat dry inside and out. Let turkey rest up to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Place the bird on roasting rack inside a half sheet pan on the lowest level of the oven.
- Roast for 30 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees for another 90 minutes – 2 hours of roasting, depending on bird size.
- Let turkey rest again, loosely covered in foil, for 15 minutes before carving.
- Enjoy the juiciest, most mouthwatering turkey of your life!
And lastly, don’t forget to take us to happy hour for letting you in on the Ace Hardware of Fort Collins’ Way T-day!