It’s been a busy year for the helpful hardware folks! Thank you to all our customers who shopped at Ace Hardware of Fort Collins. From redeveloping our branding to interacting with our fantastic northern Colorado community, we’ve certainly made the most of 2016. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Reagan Burnham was the lucky winner of a Broilmaster premium gas grill at our Beers, Brats and Brackets family night in March. Reagan picked Villanova to win it all and they did!
- We invited four local restaurants to our annual Grill Your Ace Off grilling competition in June, and Chef Jason Morse of 5280 Culinary Spices took home the crown with his unique and savory cuisine.
- Thanks to the generosity of our community, Grill Your Ace Off raised a little over $1,000 to benefit Pathways, a local nonprofit specializing in hospice care, palliative care and grief and loss support.
- Possibly one of our biggest news items…our store got a new name! As you all know Clays’ is now Ace Hardware of Fort Collins.
- Along with a new name, we launched a new website complete with our new branding, how-to tips, special promotions and more. We hope you find it helpful when navigating the DIY scene.
- To unveil our name change, we hosted a weekend-long Grand Opening event, featuring music from The Roctors, delicious (and free!) food from our culinary partner Chef Jason, children’s activities and plenty of giveaways.
- Speaking of giveaways…we went a bit crazy during grand opening weekend. Not only could attendees spin our wheel to win an assortment of prizes, but we also had a 5 Gallon Bucket Sale, a(nother) grill giveaway with John Campos as the winner, and plenty of other screaming deals along the way.
- We hosted a seed starting class featuring the wisdom of Renee DeJean of Lake Valley Seeds. She taught us which seeds and when to plant them, how to care for them and a few tricks for protecting your plants from greedy bunnies.
- Even more YETI products arrived at Ace over the summer. Between tumblers, coolers and colsters, we made sure our community was set for a day at the lake.
- To help you have the most scrumptious Thanksgiving possible, we brought in Chef Jason once again to teach our community about turkey brining and grilling at our Thanksgrilling Turkey Class.
Thank you for making 2016 a year to remember, and here’s to 2017!